On this Thanksgiving Day, I wanted to stop and take a moment to list all of the things that I am thankful for. You see, I woke up super stressed about getting everything “just right”, and looking ahead to Christmas decor, that I almost forgot to be present in the moment.
Is “being present in the now” hard for anyone else like it is for me? That is something that I really strive to work on, starting today.
You see, I am a huge planner, and organizer. This makes spontaneity hard for me. I want to be more spontaneous! I want to be more thankful!
So, with this list, I hope that writing things down will put it all in perspective for me. Also help to remember the small things… because that’s what counts.
1. I am thankful for my husband, who always brightens my days and supports me wholeheartedly.
2. I am thankful for my daughter, who is the light of my life and was always my strength to get through.
3. I am thankful for my big, loud, crazy, Mexican family! It just doesn’t get much better than them.
4. I am thankful that I have a beautiful and safe home, where I can stay warm and make memories.
5. I am thankful that I always have food to eat. It is easy to forget that this is a luxury to a lot of people.
6. I am thankful that my grandparents decided to come to this country and give us a better life, and that my parents worked hard to give us an amazing childhood!
7. I am thankful for my job that provides security.
8. I am thankful for my friends, who always have time for laughs or to listen.
9. I am thankful for my health.
10. Last but not least, I am thankful for this beautiful, colorful and happy life that I live!
Let me know some ways that you remember to stay thankful and present in the moment.