Happy New Year!! Now that the new year is officially under way, I have finally decided on the new year home plans or “resolutions” if you will. Every year I try to come up with a plan for my home, and see how far I can make it on the path, or see how things change along the way. Do any of you make new year home plans?
In 2018 I was finally able to get the perfect couch for our living room. It seemed like a resolution that I wasn’t going to be able to complete. We found the perfect white couch ,in the greatest fabric, with the right amount of comfort. Then we found an oriental rug that is large enough for our space and cost a fraction of what a vintage, oriental, rug should cost!
I had a bit of a hiccup when I found out about my rotator cuff injury. Unfortunately, I am still in the healing process so a lot of my other goals from last year were left unfinished. Painting and moving furniture just aren’t in the plans for me right now. Thankfully, my husband is always willing to help. It has been physically and emotionally draining on me. I am used to moving at a faster pace without hindrances. One of my personal goals, in 2019, is to learn how to be patient with myself and take it easy.
I thought I would take a mental inventory of a few project goals that I have for my home for the new year!
New Year Home Plans
A few things that I would like to do in my home in no particular order are as follows:
- Guest bedroom/Office- we want to have a guest bedroom, but also an office space where we can work from home. This way our guest bedroom can have a purpose when people aren’t visiting.
- Master bathroom- I would like to replace our 1960’s hospital-colored, yellow, tile in the master bath. This goal is pending on how my arm heals, but it’s definitely worthy of being put on the dream list
- Landscape- this has been an ongoing process since we have moved in. We laid sod, we’ve had trees cut down, we’ve added plants, but there is lot to do! Hopefully we can get a little further this year.
- My daughter’s bedroom- she has outgrown the purple haven with which she adorned her walls a few years ago. It’s a joy to see her grow, all of her life, and start maturing into womanhood. We are doing a big change from purple with patterns, to a more neutral space with some chic bohemian vibes.
- Deck stain- we had new decks built, and my amazing, handy, husband did DIY deck cable railing on them. Next comes the stain. We usually DIY when we can, but with my arm, this may be one that he has to do on his own.
That’s all of the new year home plans that I have for 2019. All of the projects that we have planned will take time. That is part of the fun of renovating this old house. We are having fun creating this space into our home. There are so many ideas and small things that we have done that have really made a difference. I can’t wait to keep that momentum up in 2019! I hope that you guys will continue to follow along for the ride! Let me know in the comments what some of your 2019 new year home plans are! I’d love to see.
Happy New Year!